Phone | (909) 607-7419
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours | Monday through Friday 8 AM – 5:00Pm (until 10:30PM by request only)
Student Disability Resource Center
Tranquada Student Services Center – 1st Floor
757 College Way
Claremont, CA, 91711
Downloadable SDRC Fact Sheet PDF
SDRC Assistive Technologies Loan Program
The SDRC has developed an Assistive Technology Loan Program aimed at helping you better succeed in your classes. We offer a variety of resources available to all 7cs, one of them being Kurzweil 3000. For more information about this great program or any training videos, please see below.
What is Kurzweil 3000?
Kurzweil 3000 is educational technology, or assistive technology, which provides reading, writing, and study platform aimed at people with learning disabilities or other disabilities that make reading or writing difficult.
- Tailors user experience to unique individual needs
- Deep support for learners with Learning Disabilities
- Support for fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, writing, study skills and test-taking
- Tools for research-based study skills and writing strategies
- Easy access to all major digital formats
- A single user interface containing all the tools necessary to meet the rigor of high academic standards
What are the features of Kurzweil 3000?
Kurzweil 3000 has many different features that can help students with their coursework, reading materials and event study techniques. Some features are:
- Text-to-speech in seven languages
- Reads any digital text aloud, including the Internet
- Multiple reference sources, including bi-lingual
- Translations to any Google supported language
- Highlighters and sticky notes
- Vocabulary study guides
- Graphic organizer
- Writing templates
- Word prediction
- Talking spell checker
- Direct access to Bookshare and other online content providers
Is there a tutorial I can watch to better learn how to use Kurzweil 3000?
Yes, please follow the links below to view online tutorials, training, and other support videos that will show you all of the basics on how to navigate all of the features.
Additional Tutorial Videos from Kurzweil 3000
Do you already have an account but are experiencing technical issues or need help navigating further?
The SDRC is available to assist students with questions they may have regarding their Kurzweil 3000 account. However; you may also email Kurzweil 3000 customer service for immediate support.
Email Kurzweil 3000 customer service
How do I request access to Kurzweil 3000?
Should you want to access to Kurzweil 3000, you will need to speak with your home campus disability coordinator. If you do not know who your campus coordinator is, please follow the link below for their contact information.
List of Campus Disability Coordinators
Will there be a charge for access to Kurzweil 3000?
No, there is no charge to have a user profile created for you.
How do I access Kurzweil 3000 due to COVID-19 restrictions?
Upon being approved for this accommodation, the SDRC can create a user profile and email you your login credentials directly. Please contact the SDRC directly at email@example.com or (909)607-7419 to get yours!
Assistive Technologies Loan Program