Serving The Claremont Colleges in the field of payroll administration.
- Payroll processing
- Related tax reporting
Payroll Administration FAQs
- What functions are available on Workday ?
- Go Green and receive an electronic payslip
- Update Direct Deposit
- Update Tax Election
- Print one’s W-2
- 8233 Form
- When will my W-2 be mailed?
- W-2s are mailed by Jan. 31 each year. Employees may choose to opt out of the paper version and receive an electronic, downloadable version of their W-2. Both versions of the W-2 are available at the same time.
- What is the definition of a nonresident alien?
- An individual who is not a U.S. citizen and who does not meet the “green card test” or the “substantial presence test”. Additionally, an individual who qualifies as a “resident of a treaty country”, will need to complete form 8233 along with a statement and provide it to your corresponding Human Resource Representative. For more information on the tests mentioned above and nonresident aliens, please review IRS Publication 519-U.S. Tax Guide Aliens. , please review IRS Publication 519-U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.
- When will I receive my 1042-S?1042-S Form is a year-end tax document provided to a Non-Resident Alien who:
- Receives wages protected by a tax treaty, Or
- Receives a Non-Qualified Scholarship (a scholarship or fellowship paid to a non-resident), Or
- Is a Non-Resident Alien short-term International visitor (STIV)
The 1042-S will indicate the income code, which describes the type of income. The income code is tied to your immigration status. The form will be mailed to you by no later than March 15th of each year to the address that appears on your pay slip in Workday as of December 31st.