Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS)
Committed to promoting psychological wellness for all students served by The Claremont Colleges Services
As we return to campus, we are aware that many students may be affected by anxiety regarding the Wuhan coronavirus, particularly students who may have family members in impacted areas.
MCAPS is here to support you. We are available for crisis appointments or regularly scheduled sessions to offer emotional support. We are available in person or by phone 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday; for students in crisis we are also available by phone after hours and on weekends. Feel free to stop by or call us at 909-621-8202.
7C Resources include:
Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS): 909-621-8202
o For after-hours crisis, press 1 to be connected immediately to an on-call therapist
- Chaplains (McAlister): 909-621-8685
- Campus Safety: 909-607-2000
- Dean on Call: Call your Dean of Students office during business hours; After hours, call Campus Safety at 909-607-2000, ask them to contact the Dean on call for your campus.
National Suicide Hotline: 1-800 SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- National Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Didi Hirsch 24-hour Crisis Line: 1-877-727-4747 (for Spanish, dial 1-800-628-9454)
- LGBTQ – The Trevor Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Crisis Line: 1-877-565-8860
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741-741
- Students of Color Crisis Text Line: Text STEVE to 741-741
First-Year Counseling Survey
Monsour Counseling & Psychological Services would like to welcome you to our campus. This is an exciting time in your life and in order to provide optimum services for all of our students, we invite you to complete this short survey. First-Year Counseling Center Survey Form.
Programs and Services
- Brief individual counseling
- Psychiatric medication management
- Screening for anxiety and depression
- Support for students with learning disabilities and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Groups and workshops
- Liaison Drop-in hours: Come by and meet with one of our therapists for an informal consultation about mental health and wellness at our various cultural centers on campus. These consultations can offer support, space to process, and/or highlight resources. However, these meetings are not a substitute for regular therapy, counseling or psychiatric care.
- Consultation and referrals to community clinicians
- Therapy 101
- Local Psychiatrists
- Aetna Deductible waiver to waive the deductible for off-campus services using the SHIP insurance. (Please note requests may take up to 10 days to fulfill. We will fulfill requests in the order they are received. If you need urgent referrals, please call MCAPS at 909-621-8202.)
- Off-campus therapy referral request: Please complete this form to request referrals for off campus therapy.
- 7C Care Guide – how to help a student in distress
- Crisis intervention
- Campus outreach programs
- After hours emergency consultation
- For after-hours emergencies, call 909-621-8202 and dial “1” when prompted to be connected with an on-call therapist.