Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS)
Committed to promoting psychological wellness for all students served by The Claremont University Consortium.
Statement from Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS)
We at MCAPS were deeply saddened to learn of the recent loss of a member of The Claremont Colleges community. We wish to extend our support to each one of you during this time. You may be experiencing shock, grief, numbness, sorrow, anger, fear, or other intense emotions. Give yourself extra time to process your reactions, as needed.
We do want to take this chance to remind our community that suicide, when it does occur, is very complicated. No one single thing causes it. But in many cases, a mental health condition is part of it, and these conditions are treatable. It’s really important if you’re not feeling well in any way, or if you are concerned about someone else, to reach out for help.
Whether you seek our services or not, we at MCAPS encourage you to find trusted people with whom to identify and process your reactions. At MCAPS, we strive to provide a climate of safe and affirming support for all students.
7C Resources include:
Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS): 909-621-8202
o For after-hours crisis, press 1 to be connected immediately to an on-call therapist
- Chaplains (McAlister): 909-621-8685
- Campus Safety: 909-607-2000
- Dean on Call: Call your Dean of Students office during business hours; After hours, call Campus Safety at 909-607-2000, ask them to contact the Dean on call for your campus.
National Suicide Hotline: 1-800 SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- National Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Didi Hirsch 24-hour Crisis Line: 1-877-727-4747 (for Spanish, dial 1-800-628-9454)
- LGBTQ – The Trevor Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Crisis Line: 1-877-565-8860
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741-741
- Students of Color Crisis Text Line: Text STEVE to 741-741
First-Year Counseling Survey
Monsour Counseling & Psychological Services would like to welcome you to our campus. This is an exciting time in your life and in order to provide optimum services for all of our students, we invite you to complete this short survey. First-Year Counseling Center Survey Form.
Programs and Services
- Brief individual counseling
- Psychiatric medication management
- Screening for anxiety and depression
- Support for students with learning disabilities and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Groups and workshops
- Consultation and referrals to community clinicians
- 2017-2018 Community Referral Quick Reference Guide
- Local Psychiatrists 2017-2018
- Aetna Deductible waiver to waive the deductible for off-campus services using the SHIP insurance.
- Off-campus therapy referral request: please complete this form to request referrals for off campus therapy.
- 7C Care Guide – how to help a student in distress
- Crisis intervention
- Campus outreach programs
- After hours emergency consultation
- For after-hours emergencies, call 909-621-8202 and dial “1” when prompted to be connected with an on-call therapist.