MCAPS is now closed for the summer break and will return on Monday, August 23, 2021 at 8:30 am to begin scheduling therapy appointments. Though our office is closed, students can access the counseling resources listed in the letter below.
Students at The Claremont Colleges now have access to 7C Health, which provides 24/7 medical and mental telehealth care for all students, at no cost! New users may click on this link to register and login here. You may also contact the customer support team via email for help getting connected as well. 7C Health will be available to 7C students throughout the 2021 summer break.
Crisis support via telephone will also continue to be available to all students throughout the summer break, whether on or off campus, 24 hours/day. To access this service, please call us at 909-621-8202, and press “1” to be connected to an on-call therapist. The on-call therapist will also be able to assist you in finding a local referral in your area, if you wish.
Students with SHIP (Aetna) medical insurance can also access tele-medicine appointments, including behavioral health appointments here.
Lastly, consider the following self-care tips to manage stress:
- Talk about it – discussing your feelings with trusted others can help you feel less alone. Facetime, Skype, and similar video chat services are a great way to minimize spreading germs, and yet feel connection and support.
- Get plenty of sleep, as well as regular “down-time” to rest and recuperate.
- Strive to eat in a balanced and healthy way.
- Practice deep breathing or other forms of relaxation.
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol or drugs to self-soothe or self-medicate.
- Many people understandably want to stay updated on the latest health information and recommendations, but consider limiting yourself to checking 1-2 reliable sources of information, once per day.
Wishing you well,
The MCAPS Staff