Student Disability Resource Center
Supporting the academic pursuits of students with disabilities across The Claremont College community.
The Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC) is the centralized resource center for support for students with disabilities across the 7C campus communities. The SDRC works closely with the Disability Coordinators on all the campuses to ensure that students receive academic support services and accommodations to empower them to achieve their academic goals, while ensuring equitable treatment and access to all programs and activities across all campuses.
- Disability awareness training and workshops (to request please fill out the SDRC Program/Presentation Request Form)
- Instructional support for faculty
- Test proctoring
- Open study space
- Private rooms for therapy skype sessions
- Digital and online disability education resources
- Lending library/reading nook
- Assistive technology Loan Program
- Text Book Conversion Services
Request for Test Proctoring
Test proctoring services are available for students with approved accommodations by their home campus. The contacts for each campus are listed on the “Campus Resources” page. The SDRC has three (3) individual private testing rooms and one shared testing room that can accommodate up to nine (9) students at once. All testing rooms are monitored by cameras and may be subject to review at any time. While taking an exam or studying in the office, snacks and refreshments are available for students to enjoy.
- Test proctoring sheets are to be printed out and completed by both student and professor and must be submitted no later than three days prior to the desired testing date. Once test proctoring sheets are completed they can be scanned and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work for the SDRC
Become an ally to students with disabilities and serve as a note-taker, scribe, exam assistant or reader with the Student Disability Resource Center. To apply for the position fill out an application here. For more information email us at email@example.com or call (909) 607-7419
- Prospective note takers: please view the Note taker training [PPT]