Programs and Services
Committed to promoting the physical health and wellness of all students at The Claremont College.
All registered students attending The Claremont Colleges are eligible to be seen at Student Health Services. Our staff of physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses makes every effort to provide high quality medical services in a caring and efficient manner.
All services are private and confidential. Any information regarding these services is not released to anyone without the student’s signed permission. In the interest of providing comprehensive wellness care, Student Health Services primary care providers and Monsour therapists may consult with one another when needed.
To schedule an appointment, sign into My Health Portal or call (909) 621-8222. The appointment line opens at 8 a.m. and appointments are scheduled starting at 8:20 a.m. Same-day appointments are often available if you call early.
In the event of a medical emergency please, call Campus Safety at (909) 607-2000 (on-campus extension x72000) and describe the nature of the emergency. If you are off campus please call 911.
In the event of a mental health emergency, please call (909) 621-8202 and dial “1” to be connected to an on-call therapist.
- Appointments scheduled in advance are highly recommended for all visits and are free to students.
- Non-scheduled visits will be charged $15 and may be subject to significant wait times before meeting with a provider
- Please note that some services may require additional costs (X-ray, laboratory, medication, etc.)
- Students have the right to decline or refuse services.
- A $15 no-show charge is assessed for missing an appointment or canceling without two hours advance notice.
- Appointment reminders are emailed to students prior to a scheduled appointment. If you would like to opt out of receiving the reminder email, please notify the front desk staff
Note: All services are private and confidential. Any information regarding these services is not released to anyone without the student’s signed permission. In the interest of providing comprehensive wellness care, Student Health Services primary care providers and Monsour therapists may consult with one another when needed.
- Urgent Care
- Cold/Flu Care
- Tests and screening
- Confidential HIV Testing
- Mono Testing
- Strep Testing
- Basic Vision Screening (No ophthalmologic or optometric services)
- TB Testing
- Blood Pressure
- Peak Flow
- Limited Medications
- Physical Exams
- School Entrance
- Study Abroad
- Employment & DMV
- X-Ray & Lab Services
- X-ray — limited (extremity and chest)
- Lab — limited in-house; comprehensive diagnostic labs sent out (Quest). Patients should hydrate well prior to appointments for lab work.
- Minor Surgery
- Suturing/suture Removal
- Ingrown Toenails
- Wart Treatment
- I & D (incision and drainage)
- Lesion Removal
- Joint Injections
- Sexual Health & Family Planning
- Important Sexual Health Information
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing
- Annual Exam including Pap Smear
- Contraception and Counseling
- Emergency Contraception/Plan B
- Breast Health
- Pregnancy Testing and Counseling
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Rash Evaluation
- Allergy Injections
- Student Health Services will continue the administration of allergy injections for students who have completed at least six weeks of the injections with their allergist and are receiving maintenance antigen injections. SHS does not provide allergy injection induction or titration. We can recommend a local allergist for these services. Complete documentation of the antigen therapy must be provided by the treating allergist. A signed statement from the allergist authorizing Student Health Services to continue antigen treatment as per his/her orders is required.
- Flu Clinic
- Medical Supplies
- Ace Wraps
- Ice packs
- Student Health Services Wellness Room at Pomona College Walker Hall, Room 204
- The Wellness Room is open to all students of The Claremont Colleges 24/7 during the school year and houses a vending machine carrying the Plan B emergency contraception pill and various health and wellness educational materials.