Zoom Web/Video Conferencing
Providing mission-critical IT services to The Claremont Colleges.
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems.
To start, join, or create a meeting visit our TCCS Zoom portal
- Download Zoom for your computer or mobile device.
- Click Sign In to create your The Claremont Colleges Services Zoom basic account using single sign-on (SSO) if you plan to host meetings only up to 40 minutes long.
- Use the app or webpage to start, join, or schedule meetings.
Questions? Email us – ITHelp.Desk@claremont.edu
TCCS Zoom FAQs
Zoom provides a cloud-based platform for video and audio conferencing, mobile collaboration and online meetings. Zoom is accessible on MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android mobile devices. Anyone in the world can join a Zoom meeting, but only a host can start/create meetings.
Zoom has become our official audio and video conferencing service for TCCS. It will replace AT&T conferencing, GoToMeeting and Skype, etc.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in or a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card.
You can sign up for a free Zoom basic account using your TCCS email address. Key features are:
- One-to-one video calls are unlimited
- Group meetings
- Up to 300 people
- Maximum length of 40 minutes
- TCCS has purchased a limited number of Zoom pro accounts. Contact the IT Help Desk for information on how to access a Zoom pro account. Key upgrades from a basic account are:
- Group meetings of unlimited time instead of maximum of 40 minutes
- Customized your personal meeting ID
- Additional details of the features of Zoom basic and pro accounts can be found on the Zoom pricing webpage.
Only the meeting host needs to have a Zoom account. Use it anytime for any meeting, conference, or person-to-person video calls. There is no cost to your department.
Yes. Zoom is required Duo authentication. Please see the TCCS Duo Authentication site for more information.