HIV Testing @ HEO
Dedicated to supporting the healthy lifestyle choices of students by providing health and wellness education and resources.
Free, rapid HIV antibody testing is conducted weekly by an HIV Testing Counselor certified through Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. We use the INSTI Rapid HIV1/HIV2 antibody test, which requires a droplet of blood via finger stick and delivers results in 1 minute.
Testing Schedule: Tuesdays 11am-1 pm
HIV Testing Dates for Fall 2018
- September: 9/4 (QRC), 9/11, 9/18, 9/25
- October: 10/ 2 (QRC), 10/8, 10/16, 10/30
- No testing on 10/23 due to Fall Break
- November: 11/6 (QRC), 11/13, 11/20, 11/27
- December: 12/4 (QRC), 12/11
HIV Testing Dates for Spring 2019
- January: 1/22, 1/29
- February: 2/5 (QRC), 2/12, 2/19, 2/26
- March: 3/5 (QRC), 3/12, 3/26
- No testing on 3/19 due to Spring Break
- April: 4/2 (QRC), 4/9, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30
- May: 5/7th (QRC)
If you are unable to attend testing times due to classes or other commitments, Student Health Services (SHS) offers confidential rapid HIV testing for $22 (along with other sexual health and STI testing services). Other low- or no-cost options for STI testing and sexual health care include nearby locations such as East Valley Community Health Center, Bienestar, or Planned Parenthood.
Other Helpful Links
Basics of HIV/AIDS – from GreaterThan.org
For more information, contact HEO Coordinator Alex Washburn.