Student Health Services frequently asked questions

I think I have lice, what do I do?


Lice are tiny insects that live on humans and survive by feeding on blood. When a large number of lice live and reproduce on a person, it is called an infestation. Lice are spread easily from one person to another through close bodily contact or through shared clothing or personal items (such as hats or hair brushes). They cannot jump or fly. Lice will not go away without proper treatment. In the meantime, they can be spread to other household members, sexual partners or other people you may come into close personal contact with. If you think you have lice, try [...]

I think I have lice, what do I do?2024-02-02T11:59:35-08:00

Where can I dispose of sharps?


On campus, there are 3 sharps containers that can be utilized for disposal of sharps and needles- 1. In the bathroom on the first floor of Tranquada (on the left side) 2. In the all gender restroom located on the 2nd floor of the Smith Campus Center on Pomona's campus (Verified with Pomona that it is open to students from other campuses.) 3. The QRC center also has a sharps container in the bathroom there. Pomona is working towards adding more sharps containers in their gender neutral bathrooms, but it is a work in progress. Off campus, but very nearby is [...]

Where can I dispose of sharps?2024-02-02T11:59:35-08:00

What should I do if I suspect I or a friend has an eating disorder?


The Eating Disorder Task Force is a collaborative effort by Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS), Student Health Services and Health Education Outreach (HEO) to provide resources and direct services to students struggling with eating disorders. The Eating Disorder Task Force aims to support students with direct services and provide appropriate referrals to enhance their psychological well-being and physical health and provide education consultation, awareness and outreach services to students, faculty and staff at The Claremont Colleges.

What should I do if I suspect I or a friend has an eating disorder?2024-02-02T11:59:35-08:00

How can I get medical advice?


The Student Health Services for The Claremont Colleges, has a nurse advice phone service. Students can call the office during office hours and speak with a registered nurse for advice or to determine if the student needs to be seen by a medical provider that day or for a future appointment. If the nurse is unable to answer the phone, students may leave a message and the advice nurse will return the call between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students can get self-care help and instructions for conditions, including upset stomach, cold symptoms, fever, sore throat and rash. The nurses can [...]

How can I get medical advice?2024-02-02T11:59:36-08:00

What should I do if I or a friend experiences a sexual assault?


People who have experienced a sexual assault have experienced a profound violation. Their sense of safety and predictability has been shattered. Survivors’ reactions may vary profoundly depending on their life circumstances and amount of social support. Student Health and Counseling Services is available to provide support, resources and assistance to students who have experienced a sexual assault. For more information, please see: Important Information About Sexual Assault Information about Date Rape Drugs How to Help a Friend After a Sexual Assault Important Information About How to Contact Project Sister

What should I do if I or a friend experiences a sexual assault?2024-02-02T11:59:36-08:00
Go to Top